Of course. Here are some tips and tricks from the experts:
- Use our mailing list template in Excel.
- Mailing list column headings must match what is on our template or the list will be “unreadable.”
- Copy and paste your mailing list info into our template one column at a time.
- If you use your own mailing list, copy and paste the headings from our template into your mailing list file and rearrange your info to match the columns.
- Each address list should have no more than 500 addresses (line entries). You can upload multiple lists.
Populating the Mailing List
- If a field is marked Required, it must contain text. If a required field is empty, the address is considered broken and you will get an error.
- Each field is limited to 33 characters.
- Addresses must be broken into separate cells, as they are on the template with at least the following information provided for each:
- Last Name
- Address Line 1
- Zip Code
- Address Line 2 must include text:
- Acceptable: Apt. 2
- Unacceptable: #2
- If an address is too long (more than 33 characters):
- Use abbreviations for Street, Drive, Boulevard, etc.
- Check the address on Google Maps. Sometimes Google suggests an alternate address that's shorter.
- If a ZIP code starts with a zero (0) you must set the field to be a ZIP or ZIP+4 field (or else the 0 will be removed by Excel).
- Right-click the cell and select Format Cell. The Format Cells window appears.
- Select the Number tab and select Special from the Category list.
- Select Zip Code or Zip Code + 4 from the Type field.
- Click OK.
- All numbers of the ZIP code must be in one cell.
- ZIP codes that include the +4ZIP code should include a dash (or hyphen). Do not have spaces around the dash. Example: 90210-680
We want you to love using our postcard mailing services. If you’re still having trouble, give us a call and we’ll help you out.